Laborer - Heavy Civil
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Date entered: 2018-08-24
Requisition no: 278
WHO ARE WE
Do you have a passion for working with a team that builds large complex projects? Do you enjoy being in a fast-paced environment where your ideas can make a real impact? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, Conti is looking for you.
Founded 110 years ago on traditional principles and values, Conti is a global developer and builder of capital asset projects, delivering facilities and infrastructure development projects across the United States and internationally. Conti operates in the Energy, Environmental, Industrial and Infrastructure markets for public and private customers. The company is well known for its entrepreneurial focus, client responsiveness and top caliber people, and has earned dozens of awards for project excellence, safety performance and as a best place to work. To learn more about Conti Enterprises, Inc. visit www.contienterprises.com
Conti is looking for Laborers in the Ridgeville, South Carolina area to work on the Volvo Interchange Project.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor and safely apply all techniques of highway construction to include but not limited to:
- Assist in the construction or demolishing of structures and or roadways to include preparing surfaces for paving
- Load or unload structure materials from trucks, move materials in work areas, take delivery of materials from suppliers and perform safe material handling and storage
- Erect and take to pieces concrete forms, scaffolding and ramps
- Maintain clean job site by removing debris and trash, picking up all tools and equipment and securing site to eliminate potential hazards
- Pick & shovel, hammer & nails, concrete placing & finishing, etc.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools, cut pipes to required lengths and slide pipe into trenches and inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Receiving and stocking of materials
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of all materials
- Quality control for the scope of work
- Maintain tools used for installation in proper working condition
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed; bring concerns to the attention of foreman, superintendent or safety manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used on commercial construction projects
Work requires that employees be able to work in a heavy construction environment, which includes working outdoors and in and around construction equipment and vehicle traffic. The ideal candidate will have experience working in such an environment with the provided safety equipment and safe work practices.
- Up to 100% of the job may include heavy physical work, heavy lifting, and pushing or pulling of material that may weigh from 50 to 100 pounds
- The position requires the individual to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, crawl and work in awkward positions or confined spaces throughout the day
- The position requires the unrestricted use of hands, arms, shoulders, upper/lower back, visual acuity, depth, and color perception
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Provide personal transportation to and from the jobsite
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
Conti Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this position